Ryan Weal is a software developer and communications specialist living in Montréal, Québec. Ryan offers a unique combination of marketing savvy and programming expertise with over ten years working within the software production ecosystem as a developer, application integrator, systems analyst and marketing systems specialist.
For clients, Ryan is both a voice of reason and an "idea factory" at the same time. The systems Ryan creates strive to improve the functioning of your business by simplifying your routine activities. For some companies that means building easy to update websites and for others it involves creating systems that track and report on business activities.
Industries / industrie
- Software - data migrations, back-end coding, database and toolkit support, command line scripting
- Education - provided logic systems, brochure websites, social network support and maintenance for online systems and brick-and-mortar schools
- Legal - marketing systems support, fostering strategic relationships with information technology groups, training for administrating web software
- Travel and Entertainment - oversight of marketing systems, search engine optimization, content management systems implementations, front-end development, custom module development, design implementations
Directorships / activités professionnelle
- President, Kafei Interactive Inc.
- Drupal Developer at Le Groupe Rutagi
- Past Owner of Granola Systems
- Former board member of the Legal Marketing Association
- Past director of Simon Fraser Student Society
Education / formation
- Undergraduate degree in Communication at Simon Fraser University
- Six years of self-trained experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Formal training at SFU in programming with Java, C++ and Python
Community / activité
- Ryan maintains a geek blog called Verbosity.
Languages / connaissance
- English – first language, advanced level.
- Français – niveaux intermédiaire. Je puis écrit et parle.
- 汉语 – 我的学习汉语了